Sunday, September 7, 2008

Train Journey – Inspires Me To Be Creative!

Train journey, I find, is one of the best ways to interact with people from different walks of life. And this is when I also have the opportunity to see and observe the way people view at relationships, interact with peers… the list goes on. To cut short the long story, train journey is when I find myself creativity, penning down story ideas, outlines for stories and even writing an entire story! The inspiration comes not only from the circumstances around – train journey is also a time when I have time for myself without any other distractions.

My train journey is often between Kochi and Thiruvananthapuram - a route I often travel and hence, left without much to see around. Yet, it’s the nature at its best - the paddy fields, the clouds, the rain or a kid playing with sand in front of his house, women washing clothes – all these and more inspires me. I combine all of my inspiration to put them in paper. However, during the rare occasions when I travel to other places, I prefer enjoying the scenic beauty and observing places around rather than taking pen and paper to write. At other times, I simply love to take a train journey for the sake of boosting my creativity!

No comments: